SUMMER INSTITUTES 2016
Required Preparation for
Managing Risk and Security in the International School
Miami: 9-12 July 2016
- Prior to arriving in Miami, please watch the special “Being Thirteen: Inside the Secret World of Teens” at:
- Please take notes and be prepared to discuss.
BEFORE ARRIVING, PLEASE SIGN-IN TO THE RISK MITIGATION ACCOUNT WE HAVE SET UP FOR YOU
1. You will receive an auto-generated e-mail from Clearpath EPM (www.clearpathepm.com) stating that
an account has been activated for you and your school. That e-mail will include a temporary
2. Upon receipt, please go to https://clearpathepm.com/login.php and enter your log in information
(the e-mail you registered for PTC/BTC for with and the temporary PW).
a. This is your school’s new EPM Risk Mitigation Dashboard. You will use this dashboard before
and throughout the course and afterward (free of charge), if you choose.
3. After logging in and changing your password:
a. Go to the Settings Section and please complete your school
location information and input your school calendar dates
for school year 2016-2017. You can complete as much as
you would like in thin the rest of this section.
b. Go to the main dashboard section. This is the main screen of
your school risk mitigation dashboard account and where
you will work to complete the early course work
Prior to your arrival in Miami:
Complete the threats & vulnerabilities section about your school:
a. In the "threats & hazards" section please don't worry about
selecting a protocal response when answering the questions.
We will cover those in class.
Complete the following additional tasks that involve your EPM Dashboard account.
a. Upload a copy of your school's emergenct preparedness plan into the
Attachments section, under "other documents." (if you have one)
b. Upload a copy of your Accrediting Agency's standards and indicators
for safety, security, child protection and emergency preparedness into
This account is for you and your school to use.Feel free to complete as much additional information as you wish.We will also cover many aspects of the accounts in the class.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your EPM Dashboard account, please e-mail Bruce Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Watch a short video to prepare for your course.
Bring a laptop (REQUIRED):
- Your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Participants are required to bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability to this course. Click here for more about iPads and tablets.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly.
Get familiar with TC Connection
...your online portal for everything related to your course. You should have received an email with signup instructions and enrollment information for your course. Use that email as a guide to login and set up your account. If you have not already registered, you can do so here. Your access code for the course is immediately below. If you need help with this process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vignettes: Briefly describe in writing (no more than one page) one 'vignette' related to any of your school safety or security concerns that you would like to problem-solve with other course participants. The vignette could be an issue, concern, situation, training or other challenge related to the course and your school.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Mike Johnson and Oli Tooher-Hancock
a. In the “threats & hazards” section please don’t worry about selecting a protocol response when answering the questions. We will cover those in class.