Online and Blended Teaching in the International School - TTC 115
NOT OFFERED IN 2018
This new course, still in development, is designed to support classrooms developing hybrid instructional programs, by combining online platforms and multimedia tools. It will help you develop programs that unite the best instructional strategies with the most supportive features of online learning.
WORKFLOW AND ONLINE PARTICIPATION
The course will be run through the PTC Moodle portal. All course participants will be expected to work from the Moodle course in close integration with the Google Apps Education Suite of Applications which are integrated into the Moodle Course.
It is expected that course participants have a very reliable internet connection 24/7. This course is 100% online. Participants will need to be well versed in using information technology tools, Google Apps Education Suite and multimedia tools.
Course participants are required to have the following 1 full week prior to starting the course:
- Gmail Account
- Twitter Account
- Diigo Account
- Skype account
- A Professional Blog space (Wordpress, Blogger, LiveType or similar) where all assignments, group projects, reflection and multimedia project will be posted.
- A current blended and/or online course created and facilitated by you in your school
For participants who do not have such a course you will be then expected to build one throughout the course to then be used for a course facilitated by you at your school.
All communication with Course facilitator, John Mikton is via:
- Google chat (Google Apps Edu,)
- Nuts and Bolts Discussion Form (Moodle)
- Periodic pre-planned skype calls