SUMMER INSTITUTES 2018
Required Preparation for
Assessment Leadership in the International School
Rome: 18 - 24 June 2018
Miami: 26 June - 2 July 2018
SAMPLES FROM YOUR SCHOOL – (single copy or online access to)
One to two samples (a single copy of each if you print) from your school of each of the following:
- Page(s) from a grade or record book
- Your school’s assessment policy (if no policy, any guidelines for teachers about assessment)
- Examples data that your school collects on student learning (e.g. report card data, external tests results, running record data, etc.)
- Report card from any section(s) of your school(digital access or single copy)
ASSESSMENT LEADERSHIP PROCESS AT YOUR SCHOOL
While we will be building understanding, skill, and knowledge on actual assessment practices, the emphasis is on LEADING the assessment process in a school.
- If you are a principal, write a brief description of what your current role is with regard to student assessment.
- If you are not a principal, interview a principal in your school and bring some brief notes on your principal's perception of his/her role in assessment.
- For both cases above, also briefly state what is the BIGGEST ASSESSMENT CHALLENGE at your school.
Please either print the above OR have access to a digital version.
Please read the following article and make some brief notes.
- A Principal's Guide to Assessment by Chris Jakicic (included in downloadable PDF here)
AN ISSUE OR PROBLEM
In preparation for the small group sessions in the afternoon please bring a written (one page) case study or example, dealing with a problem or situation you have confronted during your professional practice.
A short video to prepare for your course.
BRING A LAPTOP (REQUIRED)
- Your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. Click here for more information about iPads and tablets. Chromebook users can use the free Kami extension to annotate.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly.
...your required online portal for everything related to your PTC course, including all necessary course materials, which will be available about 10 days prior to the start date of your course.
We look forward to our work together!
Melissa Schaub and Nicole Schmidt (Miami)
Bambi Betts (Rome)