PTC Member School Principalship Openings
Name: Colegio Interamericano
Position: Early Childhood Education Principal
Date Posted: 3 October 2018
Apply by Date: 1 December 2018
Salary: Competitive for Central America
Benefits: An email will be sent to those interested containing information about benefits, conditions and salary.
Qualifications: Bachelor in Education, Masters in Educational Leadership, Principal Certificate, 3-5 years of experience
Age limit: none
Name: School of the Nations
Position: PreK-K Principal
Date Posted: 13 August 2018
Apply by Date: 20 October 2018
Salary: 62,000 to 69,800 US approximately. Salary is paid in Brazilian reales.
Benefits: 1. Major Medical insurance: You are covered by a local health plan administered by Sulamerica There is no limit on medical and hospital treatment while in Brazil, and teachers have access to the best hospitals in the region. Sulamerica also covers a basic dental care.
Note: The School also purchases additional travel insurance for foreign-hire employees who travel abroad while on their work contract. This complements the coverage provided by Sulamerica.
2. Free school tuition is offered for teachers' children; however, employees must pay lunch, materials and other subsidiary fees.
3. Housing: The School provides modestly furnished housing. For a single person, the School provides a one-, two- or three-bedroom apartment depending on whether single or shared accommodations are provided. For a married teaching couple with no children or with one child, the School provides a two-bedroom apartment or equivalent. All housing is equipped with the following appliances and furnishings: a stove, a refrigerator, full-size beds, a sofa, a dining room table and chairs, a washing machine, water filter, microwave oven, TV, and basic kitchen utensils. The School retains ownership of these items. Teachers are responsible for keeping all items and property in good condition. The School pays the rent, management fees, and property taxes related to the apartment or house. The employee is responsible for all other expenses, such as utility bills (water, electricity and internet); however, installation and maintenance charges for these utilities as well as Internet connections (not usage) shall be at the School’s expense.
4. Full airfare is provided both from and to the point of origin (your home country) annually.
5. All visa fees for entry permit and associated costs are covered and reimbursed by the School.
Note: Associated costs should be estimated and pre-approved by the School, and receipts must be given for reimbursement:
6. An overweight Baggage Allowance limit of US$300 per person.
7. A Settling-In Allowance limit of R$1,500 reais per adult.
8. 100% subsidized school lunches per employee.
9. Transportation to and from school is provided on weekdays and Saturday in-service days. Foreign employees are signed up on the School’s corporate UBER account.
10. High quality professional development opportunities.
Qualifications: -Preferred with MA in Educational Administration or Principal's Certification
-Highly knowledgeable about ECE education and principles of learning
-Flexible,open and good problem-solver
-Collaborative and a team player
- Experience with Reggio Emilia approach
- Experience in planning with UBD or PBL
- Preferred bilingual in Portuguese or Spanish