Fundraising in the International School - BTC 103
NOT OFFERED IN 2017
We in international schools live in a world of shrinking resources, rising tuition, sophisticated community members, and plenty of competition. How do we build and sustain a robust fund-raising program in these challenging conditions?
Participants in this course will:
- Learn how to identify donors/organizations that want to support international education in your community
- Learn patterns of donor behavior, motivations, and key influencers
- Explore new information on how donors think and decide what to support
- Explore and practice how the fundraiser modifies strategies in economic environments of both in tremendous growth or decline
- Learn how to open a ‘development’ (fund-raising) program, including how to conduct feasibility studies
- Examine how the development program is more than just raising fund – that is is a vital expression of the ‘spirit’ of the school
- Learn how to write a Strategic Development Plan with goals and metrics
Additional Benefit: Dr. Stroup will conduct specific research to identify donors/organizations that want to support international education in your community, including contact information and other data. This offer applies to the first several of participants who sign-up for this training by 1 February 2012.
In order to access course materials, participants are required to bring a laptop computer with wireless internet capability and appropriate adapters to this course.