SUMMER INSTITUTES 2014
Required Preparation for
Admissions in the International School
Miami: 27 - 29 June 2014
- Write a paragraph that captures the ‘story’ of your school for prospective families visiting your school.(10 lines maximum)
- If you are in an admissions role yourself, keep a log of your activities for 2 days. If you are not in an admissions role, shadow a member of your admissions team for at least one day, recording your observations.
- Write up the story of a difficult interpersonal encounter during the process of admissions in your school. Capture the main elements of the story, how the experience made you feel, and how the issue was resolved.
- A list of key questions that you are currently asking about effective admissions in the international school. This will be discussed on the first day of the course.
- It would be helpful to bring an example of any communications materials that support the work of admissions in your school, as well as your school’s admissions policy (if existing).
BRING A LAPTOP (REQUIRED)
- Your course materials are electronic. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability.
- Download Adobe Reader XInow in order to be able to access your materials properly.
- Access our 'Sample Coursebook'to become familiar with its features.
GET FAMILIAR WITH TC Connection
…your online portal for everything related to your course. You should have received an invitation to your class group. Refer to that email for more details.
In preparation for the small group sessions in the afternoon please bring a written (one page) case study or vignette, dealing with a problem or situation you have confronted during your professional practice. The case study or vignette does not need to be specific to the admissions function in a school.
I look forward to seeing you this summer!