Coaching Skills for International School Teacher Leaders - TTC / TLI 117 (new!)
Some international schools have instructional, learning, literacy or math coaches. Some international schools do not. So how can all international schools ensure that the benefits of a coach-based professional development model are possible in their schools? Teacher leaders, in addition to current or aspiring instructional coaches, have meaningful opportunities to coach both individuals and teams. Through simulations, case studies, role-playing and more, participants will explore the inclusion of coaching as part of the teacher leader role in international schools. Leave with a practical model, and ideas for successful implementation, or ways to enhance your current school model.
During the course we will address the following essential questions:
- Why should coaching be part of the teacher leader role in international schools?
- How does coaching improve teacher and student learning?
- How can teacher leaders effectively coach individuals and/or teams?
- How can research-based structures and approaches to coaching be incorporated into the teacher leader role?
- What does an effective principal - teacher - coach relationship look like?