Enhancing Classroom Writing Grades K-8 - TTC 105
NOT OFFERED IN 2018
This course will provide an overview of the entire process and show how teachers can meet the needs of students of varied English ability at different grade levels. In addition, the course will allow teachers to experience a variety of writing strategies firsthand as they learn more about writing objectives, write short pieces in different genres, provide feedback for peer writing, and examine ways to assess writing across grade levels.
This course is appropriate for all elementary and middle school teachers who use writing in their curriculum.
- Teachers who take the course will:
- Learn new ways to motivate students to write
- Gear writing instruction to specific purposes and audiences
- Explore new conferencing strategies
- Gain strategies to elicit better peer response to writing
- Rethink editing approaches
- Share ideas about writing in specific genres
- Acquire tools for effective writing assessment, including new approaches to 6+1 traits
- Acquire strategies for modifying writing instruction in a multilingual classroom environment
In order to access course materials, participants are required to bring a laptop computer with wireless internet capability and appropriate adapters to this course.