SUMMER INSTITUTES 2016
Required Preparation for
Teaching and Learning with Technology
Miami: 29 June - 3 July 2016
- Respond to the following Google survey:
- Ensure that you have an active gmail account. Sign-up at https://accounts.google.com/
- Create a Twitter Account and start following people and tweeting. You can start by following your class instructors: @farrismj and @jdotwdot. Check out who we follow! Watch this video if you need help getting started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0mLVEvIWa8
In advance of your arrival, please read:
·Technology Integration Research Review (article)
·Re-Thinking Schooling (video)
·Taking Classroom Tech to the Next Level (article)
·What Connected Educators Do Differently (blog entry)
Watch a short video to prepare you for your course.
A laptop (required): your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. (Note to iPad users: because of the nature of this course and the activities that you will be doing, you must bring a laptop. iPads are not acceptable).
- Digital camera/smart phone
- Headphones (from any iPod or MP3 player will do)
- Two or three units that you are interested in reworking to include more technology
In preparation for the small group reflection sessions in the afternoon, please bring a technology resource that you currently use that you would recommend to other teachers. For example, one of the following:
- A website that you use with your students
- A website or blog that you use to find resources such as lesson plans or curriculum ideas
- An online tool that you use in your teaching
GET FAMILIAR WITHTC Connection
…your online portal for everything related to your course. You should have received an email with signup instructions and enrollment information for your course. Use that email as a guide to login and set up your account. If you have not already registered, you can do so here. Your access code for the course is immediately below. If you need help with this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access Code: 24CHV-H5Z9X
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
MJ Farris and Jeff Woodcock