SUMMER INSTITUTES 2017
Required Preparation for
Curriculum Design for International Teacher Leaders
London: 4-8 July 2017
SAMPLES FROM YOUR SCHOOL
- You will be developing or revising a teaching unit or course. It is very important for you to bring all the documents necessary for you to be able to do this or have access to them on-line (you will have internet access.) The documents you will want to have access to are: student expectations (standards and benchmarks, outcomes, etc.) and a scope and sequence for the subject area you will be working on, an existing unit plan, assessments, resources and any other information that will allow you to make the best use of the time.
- Read Chapter 1: Developing Curriculum Leadership and Design from Align the Design by Nancy J. Mooney & Ann T. Mausbach (2008) (in PDF above)
Focus Question: What lessons from the chapter can be transferred to the international school context?
Before your arrival, interview whoever is in charge of curriculum to determine:
- What are specific issues related to curriculum at the school?
- If you have a written curriculum, what has been done to institutionalize it?
- What specifically can you bring back from this course that will help with curriculum efforts at the school?
Complete the Self Evaluation (attached in PDF above) and be ready to share on the first day of the course.
Complete the Google survey at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/D3wzc96fPZzy6iJB2
Please upload the following documents to Schoology using the ‘Resources’ tab at the left of the page in your class group. To upload a document, click Resources, click on the folder you want to upload to, and click “Add Resource”.
- Your school’s mission and vision
- Any school-wide curriculum documents (ie: definition of curriculum, learning principles, essential agreements for instruction, assessment policy)
Watch a short video to prepare for your course.
BRING A LAPTOP (REQUIRED)
Your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. Click here for more information about iPads and tablets. Chromebook users can use the free Kami extension to annotate.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly.
...your required online portal for everything related to your TTC course, including all necessary course materials which will be available approximately 10 days before the start of your course.
Use this access code to join your course group in Schoology.
Access Code: MQ6JT-QXBMJ
AN ISSUE OR PROBLEM
In preparation for the reflection sessions in the afternoon, please bring a short description of one of the following (approximately half-page):
- A problematic area related to curriculum development or implementation at your school.
- A curriculum related issue that you face as a teacher in an international school.
I look forward to seeing you this summer!