TEACHER LEADER INSTITUTE Dubai 5-6 October 2018
- Leadership Tools for International Teacher Leaders (TLI 101)
- Supervision Tools for International School Teacher Leaders 2-day (TLI 116)
Fee includes course, materials, welcome tea, two tea breaks daily and a buffet lunch each day.
|Registration Fees for 2-day course|
Le Méridien Dubai Hotel + Conference Centre
Hotel website: www.lemeridien-dubai.com
Location: Airport Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The hotel is 5 minutes from Dubai International Airport.
Participants requiring accommodation may choose the institute hotel or one from a range of hotels within a couple of blocks of the event. See list below for full information. These are recommendations. No special rates will apply.
ACCOMMODATION- NEARBY HOTELS
Millenium Airport Hotel Dubai
Hotel website: https://www.millenniumhotels.com/en/dubai/millennium-airport-hotel-dubai/
Location: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd, Dubai, UAE
Hotel contact: Tel +971 4702 8888
Dubai International Hotel
Hotel website: https://www.dubaiintlhotels.com/
Location: Dubai International Airport, Transit Area, Near Terminal 1, Dubai, UAE
Hotel contact: Tel +971 4224 4000
Al Bustan Rotana
Hotel website: https://www.rotana.com/
Location: D70, Dubai, UAE
Hotel contact: Tel +971 4282 0000
|Schedule for 2-day TLI course|
|DAY 1||COURSE 8:00am-5:00pm
Institute begins promptly at 8:00am
Tea Break 10:00am
Lunch provided 12:30-1:30pm
Tea Break 3:15pm
Day 1 Course conclusion 5:00pm
|DAY 2||COURSE 8:00am-4:00pm
Day 2 Institute begins promptly at 8:00am
Tea Break 10:00am
Lunch provided 12:00-1:00pm
Tea Break 2:30pm
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR THOSE ALREADY REGISTERED
Le Meridien Hotel
Hotel website: www.lemeridien-dubai.com
Address: Airport Road, Dubai, UAE
HOW TO GET TO THE SITE HOTEL
Consider exchanging enough for a taxi before leaving the airport. Taxi from airport costs about $9-$10* (AED 35-40).
Hotel Car service is available. If you are arriving in a group, it may be beneficial to arrange a van to pick you up.
Airport Transfers from Dubai International Airport prices:
- Terminal 1 for a fee of AED 50
- Terminal 3 for a fee of AED 55
*Currency conversions are approximations
Before you travel to the UAE, please check your visa requirements and make sure you have a valid visa if needed. Holders of non-standard passports and travel documents may have different entry requirements. Follow this link to check your visa and passport requirements. For the most up-to-date information, check your own country’s government website in relation to visas needed.
If you are a US Citizen – Follow this link for more visa specific information.
If you are a non-US citizen – follow this link for more visa specific information.
Please be mindful
- All applications are subject to the Ministry's approval, rules and regulations.
- There may be fees involved.
- If you require hotel sponsorship, check with your hotel with plenty of advance notice to inquire about any fees or steps you may need to take.
- Please secure your visa as soon as you are able to, in order to support a timely visa process.
WHAT TO BRING
- A LAPTOP WITH WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED.
- Download Adobe Reader DC (free) and course materials to your laptop before your arrive.
- If you must bring an iPads or other tablet make sure the PDF reader on your tablet allows you to annotate the course book sent to you. A laptop is preferable.
- Cord for charging laptop and compatible adaptor if necessary.
- Any items required to make your stay more comfortable in the hotel room.
Your course materials are digital and will be sent to you for download via email prior to the start of your course. You will want to download Adobe Reader DC (free) as the material will be an interactive PDF. No print copies will be available.
ARRIVING AT THE INSTITUTE
Friday 5 October 2018
- 7:30 – 8:00 am: TLI Institute registration in the hotel will take place outside of the Wasl 1 and Wasl 3 rooms. Please arrive in time to pick up your name badge and other institute related material. Bring your laptop so coordinators can ensure you have downloaded your course book.
- 8:00 am: Courses begin promptly in Wasl 1 and Wasl 3.
Le Meridien provides free internet access available in hotel public areas and the TLI meeting room. Be sure to have the appropriate adapter plugs for your computer as these are not supplied.
Meals for all TLI participants include:
- Welcome coffee in the morning
- Two coffee breaks daily
- Buffet lunch on both days of the program
Evening meals are on your own. There are many restaurants within the hotel and in the adjacent area. Further details will be shared during the Institute.
Graduate credit is not offered for this course.
- Full payment due at time of registration.
- Up to one month before the start of the course: $200 of total cost per course is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- After one month before the start of the course: course fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All refundable fees will be held as CREDITS for the following year unless other arrangements have been made with the PTC.
Address: Riyadh St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 4 219 1000
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Please be advised that photographs and videos will be taken at the TLI Sessions for use on the PTC website and in the press, PTC marketing materials, and all other PTC publications. By participating in a TLI Session, you consent to the PTC photographing and using your image and likeness. The PTC reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at TLI Sessions, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. The PTC may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by the PTC including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
If you have any questions or need any other assistance, contact the PTC office: Phone:+1 508 790-1748+1 508 790-1748; Fax: +1 508 232-6006; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Address: Principals' Training Center (PTC) 110 Breeds Hill Rd. Unit 2, Hyannis, MA 02601 USA