TLI Certificate of International Teacher Leadership
*At the PTC, we aim to meet the changing needs of our international schools. We will continue to add, revise, and enhance course options based on research, and the feedback we receive from participants.
With this flexibility in mind, we have streamlined our TLI Certificate of International Teacher Leadership requirements to enhance the TLI experience, now and into the future.
The Principals Training Center offers teacher leaders the opportunity to earn a 'Certificate of International Teacher Leadership'. This certificate is an acknowledgement that the recipient has been trained for a teacher leadership position in an international school.
How can I earn the certificate?
The Certificate of International School Teacher Leadership is earned by completing four essential courses from the categories below:
- Two regional Teacher Leader Institutes (2 days training during the school year)
- Two summer Teacher Leader Courses (5 days training during June and July)
All requirements can be met over a five-year period and taken in any order, though Leadership Tools for International Teacher Leaders is a foundational, overview course, that may be helpful to take first. *It is possible to complete the TLI certificate in one school year!
Participants must take one category 1 and at least one course from category 2 and 3.
Category 1 - Leadership
Category 2 - Continuous Growth (Must take ONE)
- Instructional Supervision Tools for Teacher Leaders TLI 116 [2 day] *
- Coaching Skills for International School Teacher Leaders TTC 117 NEW! [5 day - joint with TTC 117]
Category 3 - Teaching and Learning (Must take ONE)
- Curriculum Design for International School Teacher Leaders TLI 102 [2 or 5 day - joint with TTC 102]
- Digital Tools for International Teacher Leaders TLI 103 NEW! [2 day] *
- Empowering Students through Assessment TLI 104 [5 day - joint with TTC 101]
Not sure whether to take TTC Teaching and Learning through Technology or TLI Digital Tools for International School Leaders?
**TLI courses that are only available for TLI credit: Leadership Tools; Supervision Tools; Digital Tools