SUMMER INSTITUTES 2017
Required Preparation for
Leadership and Team Dynamics
London: 19-25 June 2017
5-11 July 2017
Miami: 5-11 July 2017
See below for instructions regarding Schoology.
- Write a brief paragraph describing a leadership problem you are facing at this time.
Brief paragraph answering “What do you consider most essential when leading as an international school principal?”
Record 2-3 questions you have about leadership
- If you are in a leadership role yourself, keep a log of your activities for 2 days. If you are not in a leadership role, shadow a leader for at least one day - record key leadership activities.
- Read and bring a leadership article that is most meaningful to you. Write a brief paragraph (half page) to share the message of the article.
Upload the following documents to Schoology using the ‘Resources’ tab at the left of the page in your class group. To upload a document, click Resources, click on the folder "Prep Assignment", and click “Add Resource”.
Before your arrival, please read the chapter “Understanding the Seven Leadership Competencies”, Ch.2 Leadership Competencies for Whole System Change, Kirtman & Fullan, 2015, (available in the downloadable PDF here). Make any notes or questions and bring them with you. .
AN ISSUE OR PROBLEM
In preparation for the small group sessions in the afternoon please bring a written (one page) case study or vignette, dealing with a problem or situation you have confronted during your professional practice.
Watch a short video to prepare for your course.
BRING A LAPTOP (REQUIRED):
- Your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. Click here for more information about iPads and tablets. Chromebook users can use the free Kami extension to annotate.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly.
...your required online portal for everything related to your PTC course, including all necessary course materials which will be available approximately 10 days before the start of your course.
Use this access code from the downloadable PDF to join your course group in Schoology.
Use the access code for your course dates and location to join your course group in Schoology. Your access code for the course is available in the downloadable PDF.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Steve Druggan and Elsa Donohue (Miami)
Chris Bowman and Tim Stuart (1st offering) and Chris Bowman and Ji Han (2nd offering) (London)