SUMMER INSTITUTES 2017
Required Preparation for
Leadership and Team Dynamics
Rome 18-24 June 2018
Rome 4 – 10 July 2018
Miami 4 – 10 July 2018
Written work to upload to Schoology (See prepare section below for Schoology instructions.)
- Brief paragraph describing a leadership problem you are facing at this time.
- Brief paragraph answering “What do you consider most essential when leading as an international school principal?”
- Record 2-3 questions you have about leadership.
- If you are in a leadership role yourself, keep a written log of your activities for 2 days. If you are not in a leadership role, shadow a leader for at least one day- record key leadership activities.
- Read and bring a leadership article that is most meaningful to you. Write a brief paragraph (half page) to share the message of the article.
**To upload to Schoology, use the ‘Resources’ tab at the left of the page in your class group. To upload a document, click Resources, then click on the folder “Prep Assignment”, and click “Add Resource”.
Before your arrival, please read chapter two “Understanding the Seven Leadership Competencies”, of Leadership Competencies for Whole System Change, Kirtman & Fullan, 2015, included below in this document. Make any notes or questions and bring them with you.
AN ISSUE OR PROBLEM
In preparation for the small group sessions in the afternoon please bring a written (one page) case study or example, dealing with a problem or situation you have confronted during your professional practice.
…a short video to prepare for your course.
BRING A LAPTOP (REQUIRED)
- Your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. Click here for more information about iPads and tablets. Chromebook users can use the free Kami extension to annotate.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly.
...your required online portal for everything related to your PTC course, including all necessary course materials, which will be available about 10 days prior to the start date of your course.
Use the access code for your course dates and location to join your course group in Schoology. Your access code for the course is available in the downloadable PDF.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Miami: Steve Druggan & Elsa Donohue
Rome:Chris Bowman & Tim Stuart