SUMMER INSTITUTES 2016
Required Preparation for
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPERVISION & EVALUATION: Planning, Assessment and Student Results
London 6-12 July 2016
- A copy of the ENTIRE evaluation, supervision or appraisal instrument at your school. The entire instrument includes written explanation of the evaluation process, timelines, criteria, plus all forms used in the process by the teacher and/or evaluator. These documents will be used as part of the course work and may be incorporated into your final performance task.Note: If you are moving to a new school, please try to obtain documents from your new employer to enhance the efficacy of coordinated activities.
- Professional standards/criteria for all teachers and non-teaching professionals at your school.
- **Please upload these items to TC Connection in the folders under Resources (on the left side of group page) named Evaluation & Appraisal Instrument and Standards/Criteria, respectively. Please also have hard copies with you as a backup.
Please read the following articles (included in the downloadable PDF) which will be used during the course, and make any relevant notes and questions:
- "Leadership in the Professional Learning Community", Schmoker, M., Results Now, ASCD (2006)
- “How Do Principals Really Improve Schools?” DuFour, ASCD, 2013
Watch a short video to prepare for your course.
BRING A LAPTOP (REQUIRED):
- Your course materials are electronic. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. Click here for more information about iPads and tablets.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly.
GET FAMILIAR WITH TC CONNECTION
...your online portal for everything related to your course. You should have received an email with signup instructions and enrollment information for your course. Use that email as a guide to login and set up your account. If you have not already registered, you can do so here. Your access code for the course is available in the downloadable PDF.
AN ISSUE OR PROBLEM
In preparation for the small group sessions in the afternoon please bring a written (one page) case study or vignette, dealing with a problem or situation you have confronted during your professional practice. Given the content of the course, you might want to choose a vignette that has to do with having difficult conversations with colleagues (including teams) regarding student learning or an experience with teacherevaluation.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Sarah Putnam and Nancy Scquicciarini (LONDON)