SUMMER INSTITUTES 2017
Required Preparation for
Curriculum Leadership in the International School
Miami: 19-25 June 2017
5-11 July 2017
London: 27 June - 3 July 2017
FROM YOUR SCHOOL
- Make sure you know how to access any curriculum materials your school has online. (Internet will be available).
- A copy of or access to your school Mission Statement, definition of learning, learning principles or any broad statements that might affect curriculum design at your school. Put these in a folder called Mission/Vision statements in Schoology. See below for information about accessing Schoology.
- We are hoping to identify at least 4 schools from amongst the participants that have a reasonably robust and organized curriculum development implementation and monitoring process. To help us please complete this short survey
- Please fill out a short survey in which you will be asked for your two most burning questions about curriculum leadership.
IMPROVING LEARNING AT YOUR SCHOOL:
Bring some brief notes on the following questions:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your school’s curriculum?
- In practical terms, what would be the single most significant project that you could undertake that would improve learning in your grade / subject / division / school? (Depending on your current sphere of influence.)
Begin to think about the two points above in terms of framing your eventual assessment task for the course. This task will involve developing a learning improvement plan that you will achieve in the following year and that will have an impact beyond any single classroom. Details will be given early in the course.
Please read and reflect briefly on article included in the downloadable PDF prep-assignment here:
- The Principal and The Curriculum: A Leadership Story
Watch a short video to prepare for your course.
BRING A LAPTOP (REQUIRED)
- Your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. Click here for more information about iPads and tablets. Chromebook users can use the free Kami extension to annotate.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly.
...your required online portal for everything related to your PTC course, including all necessary course materials which will be available approximately 10 days before the start of your course.
Use the access code for your course dates from the downloadable PDF to join your course group in Schoology.
AN ISSUE OR PROBLEM
In preparation for the small group sessions in the afternoon please bring a written (no more than one page) case study or vignette, dealing with a problem or situation you have confronted during your professional practice.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Sasha Marshall & Matthew Parr (London)
Pip Curtis & Treena Casey (Miami 1st offering)
Gordon Eldridge & Glen Karlsson (Miami 2nd offering)