SUMMER INSTITUTES 2018
Required Preparation for
Curriculum Leadership in the International School
Miami 18 –24 June 2018
Miami 26 June – 2 July 2018
Rome 26 June – 2 July 2018
FROM YOUR SCHOOL
- Make sure you can access any curriculum materials your school has online. (Internet will be available).
- A copy of or access to your school Mission Statement, definition of learning, learning principles or any broad statements that might affect curriculum design at your school. Put these in a folder called Mission/Vision statements in Schoology. See below for information about accessing Schoology.
- We are hoping to identify at least 4 schools from amongst the participants that have a reasonably robust and organized curriculum development, implementation, and monitoring process. To help us, please complete this short survey.
TO IMPROVE LEARNING AT YOUR SCHOOL: Bring some brief notes on the following:
- In practical terms, what would be the single most significant improvement initiative that you could undertake that would improve learning in your grade / subject / division / school (depending on your current sphere of influence)?
Begin thinking about the above improvement initiative in terms of framing your eventual culminating task for the course. This task will involve developing a learning improvement plan that you will achieve in the following year and that will have an impact beyond any single classroom. Details will be given early in the course.
Please read and reflect briefly on article included in the downloadable PDF prep-assignment:
- "The Principal and The Curriculum: A Leadership Story"
AN ISSUE OR PROBLEM
In preparation for the small group sessions in the afternoon please bring a written (one page) case study or example, dealing with a problem or situation you have confronted during your professional practice.
…a short video to prepare for your course.
BRING A LAPTOP (REQUIRED)
- Your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. Click here for more information about iPads and tablets. Chromebook users can use the free Kami extension to annotate.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly
...your required online portal for everything related to your PTC course, including all necessary course materials, which will be available about 10 days prior to the start date of your course.
Use the access code for your course session and location to join your course group in Schoology:
- Access code for Session 1, Miami 18 – 24 June: Q2JJF-QHR9D
- Access code for Session 2, Miami 26 June – 2 July: 7W9KZ-8MC76
- Access code for Session 2, Rome 26 June – 2 July: GCS5K-RZRFS
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Miami: Pip Curtis & Treena Casey and Sasha Marshall & Matt Parr
Rome: Gordon Eldridge & Glen Karlsson