The Principals Training Center offers two certificate programs. Both certificates, which are endorsed by participating regional associations, confirm that the recipient has been trained for a leadership position in an international school.
Certificate of International School Leadership
The PTC's Certificate of International School Leadership is earned by completing four “essential skills” courses – one from each of the following four categories (courses may be taken in any order*, although Creating and Administering an Effective School is a broad overview course):
Category 1 - Take one of:
Category 2 - Take:
Category 3 - Take one of:
- Assessment Leadership in the International School (formerly Assessing Student Learning) PTC 301
- Curriculum Leadership in the Int'l School PTC 302
Category 4 - Take one of:
- The Effective Principal: From Theory to Practice PTC 401
- Law in the International School PTC 402
- Finance in the International School PTC 403
- Technology Leadership PTC 404
- Leading Beyond Conflict BTC 105 (1/2 PTC credit)*
- Managing Risk and Security in the International School BTC 106 (1/2 PTC credit)*
- Or any PTC course from category 1, 2 or 3
*Two half courses can be taken to replace one full course
All courses utilize simulations, case studies and other practical training strategies.
*Due to the intensity of our courses, only 1 or 2 courses may be taken in one summer. If there are extenuating circumstances with your school, please email Registrations@ThePTC.org and explain in detail. To earn the PTC certificate, all four courses must be completed within six (6) summers.
Certificate of Advanced International School Leadership
The PTC's Certificate of Advanced International School Leadership is earned upon completion of the above first certificate and completing four additional PTC courses.