SUMMER INSTITUTES 2017
Required Preparation for
Assessment Leadership in the International School
London: 19-25 June 2017
Miami: 27 June - 3 July 2017
SAMPLES FROM YOUR SCHOOL – (single copy or online access to)
1-2 samples (a single copy of each sample if you print) from your school of each of the following:
- Sample page(s) from a grade or record book
- Your school’s assessment policy (if no policy, any guidelines for teachers about assessment)
- Examples of any data that your school typically collects on student learning (e.g. report card data, external tests results, running record data, etc.)
- Report card from any section(s) of your school
ASSESSMENT LEADERSHIP PROCESS AT YOUR SCHOOL
While we will be building understanding, skill and knowledge on actual assessment practices, the emphasis is on LEADING the assessment process in a school.
- If you are a principal, write a brief description of what your current role is with regard to student assessment.
- If you are not a principal, interview a principal in your school and bring some brief notes on your principal's perception of his/her role in assessment.
- For both cases above, also briefly state what is the BIGGEST ASSESSMENT CHALLENGE at your school.
Please either PRINT the above OR have access to a digital version.
Please read the following article and make some brief notes.
A Principal's Guide to Assessment by Chris Jakicic (included in downloadable PDF here)
AN ISSUE OR PROBLEM
In preparation for the small group sessions in the afternoon, please bring a written (not more than one-page) case study or vignette, dealing with a problem or situation you have confronted during your professional practice. This does not have to be related to assessment.
...a short video to prepare for your course.
BRING A LAPTOP (REQUIRED)
- Your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. Click here for more information about iPads and tablets. Chromebook users can use the free Kami extension to annotate.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly.
...your required online portal for everything related to your PTC course, including all necessary course materials which will be available approximately 10 days before the start of your course.
Use the access code for your course dates and location found in the PDF to join your course group in Schoology.
We look forward to our work together!
Melissa Schaub and Lauren Mehrbach (Miami)
Bambi Betts (London)