SUMMER INSTITUTES 2017
Required Preparation for
Getting to Solutions: The Heart of Counseling
London: 26-30 June 2017
In preparation for Getting to Solutions: The Heart of Counseling, we ask you to complete the following tasks. This preparation will be the foundation of the course, and extremely helpful in our planning.
READ (linked in PDF)
- Counseling in Schools and Other Settings
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy: Overview and Implications for School Counselors
- One case study -- As part of the course we will be reviewing "critical incidents" together. You have received a "Critical Incident Template" attached in the PDF above. Please read and follow the guidelines. This will take about 30 min to prepare. Consider it a “case study” that would be good to discuss with the group. It does not need to be a counseling issue and could be in the broader educational context involving you in a helping role (this should focus on a student you worked with that had specific identifiable issues they were trying to change).
A laptop (required)
- Your course materials are digital. Hard copies of the materials will not be available on site. Bring a laptop computer with appropriate adapters and wireless internet capability. Click here for more information about iPads and tablets. Chromebook users can use the free Kami extension to annotate.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now in order to be able to access your materials properly. Note: Mac users can use Preview.
...your required online portal for everything related to your CTC course, including all necessary course materials which will be available approximately 10 days before the start of your course.
Use this access code to join your course group in Schoology.
Access Code: included in PDF above
We look forward to seeing you!
Shaun McElroy and Robyn Harwood