Summer Institutes Overview
JOIN INTERNATIONAL EDUCATORS AROUND THE WORLD IN LEARNING TO LEAD AND EDUCATE
What are the PTC/TTC/BTC/CTC Institutes?
Institutes are held each June-July in Rome and Miami and include intensive 7-day and 5-day courses addressing the essential skills necessary to be an effective leader, teacher, and counselor in an international school.
Over the past 30 years, the PTC has earned a reputation for providing highly effective practical training for international school educators. Participants can expect a high level of professionalism in each course and should be prepared to work intensely and collaboratively with their colleagues who come from international schools around the world.
Who may attend?
- PTC: Those already in the principalship as well as those aspiring to the principalship will benefit from PTC courses. All participants will be from international schools or about to take their first job in an international school.
- TTC: Those already teaching or about to take their first job at an international school
- TLI: Those already in or aspiring to be teacher leaders, including department heads and grade level leaders.
- CTC: International school counselors, teachers and others with an interest in counseling
- BTC: Employees of international schools involved in marketing, admissions, development, human resources, community relations, and financial services
Is there any preparation before the course?
All registrants complete pre-read materials and preparation assignments before arriving at the institutes. These can typically be completed in a few hours.
All participants are also asked to bring a written 'vignette' addressing a professional issue. These are used in the afternoon group sessions during which participants exchange ideas, discuss professional issues and make important professional connections.
Are there any special requirements?
In order to receive a certificate of completion, participants must complete the full 7-day or 5-day institute. Those who arrive late or depart early will not receive confirmation of participation.
Due to the intensive training and limited facilities, PTC accommodations are not offered to spouses or other non-participants. PTC participants should not plan to have spouses or family members accompany them.
Can I earn graduate credit?
3 graduate credits are available for each PTC course through either The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) or Lehigh University at an additional cost of $450 per course. 3 graduate credits are available for each TTC/ TLI/ CTC course through Buffalo State - State University of New York (SUNY) at an additional cost of $450 per course. All SUNY applicants must be accepted into the program before the beginning of our TTC/ TLI/ CTC courses. Representatives of each PTC university are available onsite during the institutes.
How much do the courses cost?
Course fees can be found on the Registration Information page.
Are there any discounts or scholarships available?
Participants from a PTC member school receive a considerable discount on all course fees.
Some regional associations also offer scholarships. Contact your regional association for more information.