Marketing the International School - BTC 101
NOT OFFERED IN 2017
The business of marketing is fast becoming an important feature in the effective management of schools across the world. All of a sudden, schools are talking about brand identity, social media, reputation management, unique selling points, key performance indicators and metrics.
This course prepares participants to better address this emerging reality and leads the, step-by-step, through the process of developing a strategic marketing plan for their school.
Participants will also:
- Reflect upon the brand identity of their school
- Share knowledge about how families evaluate and select international schools
- Consider the stories that are central to the task of marketing a learning vision
- Understand the role of data and the importance of key performance indicators
- Take away practical examples on effective use of adult and student volunteers
- Explore the potential of web 2.0 and social media
- Discuss issues of cost and sustainability
- Learn how to build effective partnerships with external organizations
This course is designed for anyone responsible for marketing and communications within a school setting. It will be of particular interest to Business Managers, Heads, Admissions Officers, Alumni and Development Officers, as well as Communications Officers.
In order to access course materials, participants are required to bring a laptop computer with wireless internet capability and appropriate adapters to this course.